Monday, November 22, 2010

The Most Organized Thanksgiving Ever...

Secondary title - When did I become my grandmothers???

I can't say that I've always been the most organized person when it comes to the holidays.  Anything worth doing is worth doing at the last minute is generally my motto.  And this is probably really only my 3rd or 4th holiday with all the family coming to my house for dinner.  So I feel like I'm way ahead of the learning curve.

Before Thanksgiving, I had to make sure the following things were accomplished:

1) Decide what the heck we're going to eat.
2) Let everyone know what we're going to eat and what all the girls need to bring.
3) Clean out my dining room which is currently the granddaughters' play room so we can put an actual table in it.
4) Do the shopping for the food that I'm cooking.
5) Clean house.
6) Cook.

On that list, I have managed to...

Are you ready for it???

Wait for it...

Do all but #'s 5 and 6.

And actually I'm ahead of the game on #5 because I did quite a bit of cleaning this week-end, but I still have to live in my house between now and Thursday so I'm sure I'll have a couple of things to do on Wednesday.  And I do have to go to the store either tonight or tomorrow and get a couple of things that I forgot.  But no trying to push a cart around on Wednesday night after frantically cleaning all day and hoping beyond hope that there is still one ham that will feed 8 adults and 4 children while trying to figure out if I want to bake all my desserts or just buy them frozen and hope they thaw out in time for us to be able to eat them with forks and not chainsaws after dinner.

So instead of looking at my day off on Wednesday with little panic attacks wondering what in the heck I was doing agreeing to have Thanksgiving at my house this year.  I'm actually pretty chilled out.

This can mean only one thing.  Some crazy flu, virus, cold, something is going to hit and I'll be trying to cook with 102 degree fever.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment