Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wow

I work at a community college.  I love it.  For one, my students are deaf so I get the added advantage of being able to use two languages and I get inspired on a daily basis because I see these kids do things that I can't accomplish with regular hearing.  I also love the cycles we go through.  Fall semester, spring semester, summer.  Beginning of the semester, middle of the semester, end of semester.  New Student Orientation and Graduation.  Fall semester and spring semester are completely different with different events and different objectives.  And I love what I do here.  I love being a secretary.  I work with faculty and although I joke about the "children" and the "students" it's really a pretty good gig.  It weirds me out sometimes that I'm a "school secretary", but most of the time I'm okay with it. 

The first two weeks of any semester are crazy.  And for me it starts two weeks before the semester starts because we have meetings and registration and paperwork and faculty coming back from being off for a month and paperwork and more meetings and schedule changes and oh, by the way, did I mention PAPERWORK!! 

But this semester has been absolutely, positively, certifiably insane.  We had a water main burst in a building.  We've had a flu/upper respiratory/bronchitis/pneumonia epidemic that hasn't even hit the student population yet.  We're looking at severe budget cuts thanks to the state being billions of dollars in debt.  And there's been all this random stuff happening that's making me a little nuts. 

So my little blog has been severely neglected.  My other blog has been super-severely neglected.  And oh by the way...exercising...not happened at all this week so I'm super frustrated there.

All in all...wow.  Just...wow.

Is it too early to start counting the days till Spring Break???

No comments:

Post a Comment