Friday, December 17, 2010

Quiet Week

Okay, no, not really.  It's been crazy hectic.  But my brain has been quiet which is...not normal.

Okay, that's not really true either.  I get these spells where I've got nothin'.  No profound wisdom, no fun things on my mind, just getting through life one step at a time.  Compared to the times of my life when I'm thinking in 150 gajillion directions...it's kinda nice.  Not so great for a blog, though.

What's been happening this week?

I met a scorpion named Jennifer.  And saw the biggest freakin' Burmese python I've ever seen in my 39 and a half years and please Lord let it be the last.  It was in a tank.  At a nature center.  But still.  Holy mackerel that thing was huge.  I would've been just a tasty snack.  I was able to keep a detached interest at the other 50 some-odd snakes they had including the rattlesnakes, but the Burmese python scared the bejeebers out of me.

My one and only grandson turned 5 on the same day.  Needless to say that was the highlight of the day (although the 2 bobcats were pretty cool).

My oldest granddaughter had her 3rd Christmas dance recital and finally came out of her dancing shell.  She danced!  And smiled!  At the same time!!!  She's my more cerebral girl so it was good to see her let some of her personality show to the rest of the world instead of standing there thinking about everyone looking at her.

The next night the middle granddaughter had her very first ever dance recital. No worries about her thinking too much about it.  She smiled and danced and flipped her hair and had a great time.  Until about 3/4 of the way into each dance and then she was over it.  But she'd finish...just you could tell she was done.  There's a lot of speculation about her having ADHD and sometimes you can really see when she's just onto something else in her mind.

Wednesday was the migraine from Hades...not a good day, but I worked most of the day, went home and went to bed... and then went on with my week. 

Yesterday was day one of Couch to 5K which is a whole other post entirely.

Now I'm just kinda ready to be done with work.  I have some things I need to do the next couple of weeks, but for the most part I'm ready to just chill.  We'll have the two local grandgirls most of the time so I'm not sure how much actual "chill" will happen, but I'm going to try my hardest. 

Oh, and as for the Dr.'s appointment last week?  They called on Friday afternoon with the results of the echo.  Still no word on the holter, but I only had to push the stupid button three times, right before bed, when my heart palpitates anyway if I'm extremely tired.  So I'm not too worried about it...but this is why I hate having tests run this time of year.

* As soon as I originally posted this...I got the call from the heart doc.  It's all good.  I had some extra beats...which I knew....but nothing they haven't seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment