Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring

I love spring. It's one of my two favorite seasons. Fall being the other. But it is a crazy time of year for me. So crazy that I have 150 bazillion ideas for blog posts, but no time to actually do them and they're all heavy ideas. And I just don't wanna go there right now.

So instead I'm borrowing from Twitter's 100 facts about me thing and I'm gonna share 20 facts about me. Cause let's face it. Are there really 100 facts about me? Really? Or if I do 100 maybe I'll split them up in 5 weekly posts or something. So...

1) my favorite color is purple, but I'm not one of those 'my whole world has to be purple' people. I own a LOT of pink and brown.

2) I look like little miss innocent, so I've shocked people all my life with different facts about me and I enjoy the heck out of that.  I love the look on people's faces when I tell them something and they're all "Really?  You?" 

3) On my iPod is everything from Metallica to The Eagles to Nelly to Lady Gaga to Brooks and Dunn.

4) I watched professional wrestling from junior high up until a few years ago. Yes I KNOW it's fake. Not what I watch it for....

5) I was 39 years old before I realized I hate sloppy joes.

6) I once got an A- on a paper in high school when I should have gotten an F because the paper was so good she couldn't fail me just for a fragmented sentence. She chalked it up to artistic license.

7) This is the longest I've gone in years without completely chopping my hair off. I let it grow and grow and then get sick of it and want to chop it off. So far I'm good with it being long.

8) I don't like video games where I have to interact with people. Just leave me alone with my spider solitaire and it'll all be ok.

9) The proverb that means the most to me is 'Trust in God, but lock your car.'  That may be it's own blog post at some point...

10) I have a tattoo.  I have at least one more planned that has a lot of meaning to me.  I figured I would be a "one and done" person, but no.  I get the addiction.

11) I absolutely love NASCAR.  I follow it just a little obsessively.  There are more drivers I like than I don't like and Twitter has made me a complete Jimmie Johnson convert. 

12) I can only buy one box of Peeps at a time because I could (and would) eat my weight in them.

13) I hate washing dishes, doing laundry and ironing, but I absolutely love the result.

14) I worked as a car hop in high school and no I did not wear rollerskates.

15) Professional football, basketball and baseball annoy/bore the heck out of me.  I love college football, basketball and softball, but I haven't really been able to get into college baseball.  Baseball only really interests me if I have a player in the game. (I love me some t-ball.  That age is so stinkin' cute!)

16) I have rules about college sports.  If it's not in the Big 12 I'm not going to pay a lot of attention unless they're playing a Big 12 team.  #1 Team - Oklahoma State.  Always cheer over an Oklahoma team above any other.  No OK team, always cheer for the Texas team.  Texas teams playing each other, it's Texas Tech, Texas, Baylor and A & M in that order.  (Except for this year because the Aggie qb is from my town.)

17) Give me a cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper and I'll forgive anything.

18) I'm all about the acronym shows.  NCIS, NCIS - LA, CSI whatever, and then Criminal Minds because they're too cool for an acronym.  Especially NCIS and CM.  Seriously.  Syndication just feeds my addiction.  And then throw in Sons of Anarchy and Justified for good measure.  (I've gotta have some bad boys in the mix.)

19) I blame Fonzie and Vinnie Barbarino for my "bad boys in motorcycle jackets" thing.

20) I....love....lists.

I may have to do 100.  Just not now.  Maybe an every couple of weeks thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment